Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Police looking for fake Feds who rob


HUMBLE, Texas - Police are searching for two men who, they said, pretended to be federal agents when they robbed a man.
Humble police said two men approached an employee at an auto dealership in the 19000 block of U.S. 59 North about 10 a.m. on May 26.
David McCall was at work when he said the men walked up to him. He sells cars at Tejas Toyota in Humble and said the men acted like they were interested in buying a truck when no one else was around.
"He throwed me against the vehicle and said that I was under arrest for drug charges," said McCall. "At that time I said, 'Sir, you've got the wrong person. I've never done a drug in my life and I'm a 68 year old grandfather.' I thought they were federal officers. On the back of the guy's shirt it said federal officer."
McCall said the men were also armed. They handcuffed him and threw him in the back of a 2004 Dodge Durango SUV. They then drove him about 9 miles away, where they robbed him.
"They took a Rolex watch, a gold diamond ID bracelet, four diamond rings, a GM ring, a gold nugget that I got in Alaska," McCall said. "They left me with nothing in my pockets. They took everything, period."
McCall said he thinks about the robbery every day and hopes that a newly released composite sketch will help police catch the suspects.
"The likeness of the picture and the man are pretty cotton stinkin' close," he said. "They need to be caught because eventually they'll end up hurting somebody."
One of the men was described as Hispanic, 45 to 55 years old and 6 feet to 6 feet 1 inch tall. A description of the second attacker has not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

No comments:

Your BEST option!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin